Discover the so-called "Venice of India" on this guided walking tour of the beautiful historic centre of Udaipur, the spectacular city located on the banks of Lake Pichola. What's more, it's FREE!
Meet your guide to begin your free walking tour of Udaipur at the Ghanta Ghar in the heart of the city. This clocktower was built as a souvenir to the Mewar royal family, some of whom still live in the City Palace to this day.
Passing through the ancient market, you'll reach another of Udaipur's important monuments also linked to the Mewar family: the majestic Bagore Ki Haveli. "Haveli" translates as a type of traditional Indian mansion; learn where the roots of the term come from as you admire the elaborate architecture of this beautiful building.
You'll continue your free tour of Udaipur wandering along the banks of Lake Pichola. Admire the enormous City Palace and the famous ghats, the stepped embankments leading down to the water. Your guide will explain what these steps are used for in Indian religion and culture.
Finally, you'll reach the Tripolia Gate, and your guided walking tour will come to an end in front of the spectacular Jagat Shiromani Temple. Admire the intricate figures engraved into its walls; through the scenes represented in this panels, you'll gain fascinating insight into Hindu beliefs and traditions.
- It is not possible to reserve this tour for groups larger than 6 people.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. The maximum number of children per one adult is three.
- This tour does not enter inside any monument.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide with expert knowledge of Udaipur history.
When to book?
You can book up until the previous day (11:59 pm) if there are still places available. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Ghanta Ghar Clocktower.