Explore the sacred waterfront steps, or ghats, of Udaipur on this guided walking tour of the city, and admire its magnificent ancient architecture on a boat cruise of Lake Pichola.
Water is sacred in the Hindu religion, and rivers, lakes and oceans are therefore considered holy and have an important place in Indian cultures. Many cities in the subcontinent are home to ghats, stepped embankments leading down to the waterfront that are used for bathing, laundry and for religious rites. Lake Pichola, in Udaipur, is surrounded by a number of these sites, including Ambrai Ghat, the meeting point for your fascinating route around the City of Lakes.
Throughout your tour of Udaipur's ghats, you'll stroll along the banks of Lake Pichola, while your expert tour guide explains the significance of the steps and the water itself to the local people. From Ambrai Ghat, one of the city's most romantic places, as you'll learn on your tour, you'll make your way to Hanuman Ghat and Gangaur Ghat. These locations will offer you spectacular views of the majestic temples and havelis, or traditional Indian mansions, that border the lake.
You'll finish your walk at the dock at Lal Ghat. Here, you'll board a boat and enjoy a peaceful cruise of Lake Pichola. As you sail across the calm waters, you'll near the lake's islands, home to some magnificent buildings, including the Lake Palace and Jag Mandir Palace.
Finally, your tour will end back at the Lal Ghat port.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 4 years old|
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide with expert knowledge of Udaipur history.
Boat cruise on Lake Pichola.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.