Be part of an authentic Andean ritual in Urubamba with this trip to a Pachamama ceremony and express your gratitude to Mother Earth in a moving experience.
At 4 pm we'll meet outside the Tambo del Inka Hotel. Then we'll set off to meet the chamán and begin our unique experience in Urubamba.
The ceremony is known as Pago a la Tierra, meaning "Payment to the Earth", or Pachamama, a word from the Quechua language. You'll enjoy an unforgettable experience as the chamán performs the three parts of this ritual.
He'll read coca leaves and offer crops rapped in Andean textiles in an expression of gratitude to Mother Earth. At the end of the experience, we'll head back to the starting point for 6 or 7 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Up to 7 people||Up to 12 people|
Up to 7 peopleUS$ 210
Up to 12 peopleUS$ 252
2 - 3 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Traditional Andean ceremony.
English speaking guide.
Private and exclusive tour, there will be no one else in the group.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Hotel Tambo del Inka.