See Washington DC from a new perspective, discovering the city's most important monuments gloriously illuminated at nightfall on this guided bus tour.
Washington DC Night Bus Tour Itinerary
Your evening of adventure in Washington DC will begin at the US Navy Memorial, a monument to honour the men and women of the country's sea services. From your comfortable air-conditioned bus, you'll enjoy wonderful views of the Botanic Garden and the Ulysses S. Grant Memorial, as well as of important government headquarters, like the Robert F. Kennedy Department of Justice, and the J. Edgar Hoover FBI building.
You'll then reach the White House where the bus will make its first stop. Climb off here and take in the spectacular nighttime view of one of the city's most iconic buildings while listening to your expert guide's informative explanations. Stretch your legs with a stroll around Lafayette Park, before hopping back on the bus to continue your night tour.
After passing some of the country's most important museums - the National Archives, which houses historic documents, and the Smithsonian, the largest museum complex in the world - you'll arrive at the next stop on your route: the US Capitol Building. Admire the American Neoclassical architecture of this famous domed building and the views it provides down the impressive National Mall to the Washington Monument, the world's tallest free-standing stone structure. Beautiful during the day, this area is even more magical lit up against the dark night sky.
Your Washington DC Night Bus Tour will also take you to visit a number of the city's war memorials. Stopping at the monument dedicated to those who fought in World War II, you'll embark on a short guided walking tour of tree-lined avenue home to the Thomas Jefferson Memorial, the Martin Luther King Jr Memorial, the Korean and Vietnam War Veterans Memorials, and the Lincoln Memorial.
On your return journey to your original departure point, you'll once again enjoy beautiful views over the twinkling lights of Washington DC's skyline.
This tour is free for children under 3 years old provided they are able to sit on a parent's lap during the excursion. If they require their own seat, please purchase a discounted child's ticket for them.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 24 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 25% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 12 years old|
|Night bus tour||
Night bus tour
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 44
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Transport by comfortable air conditioned bus.
English speaking guide.
Stops along the route to appreciate the city sights up close.
When to book?
You can book up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
U.S. Navy Memorial.