Discover the fascinating history of Amarante and visit its main monuments on this guided walking tour of the city that ends with a delicious dessert!
Amarante Guided Tour
We'll meet at the time you select at the Igreja de São Gonçalo church to begin our guided tour of Amarante that will walk us through the history of this fascinating Portuguese city. Home to the Tâmega River and the iconic São Gonzçalo Monastery, Amarante is a town full of culture, history and heritage.
Throughout the tour, we'll make our way through Amarante's many streets and alleys to discover some of its main monuments and most interesting stories and legends. You'll also find out about famous figures who've left their mark on the city, such as Antonio do Lago Cerqueira and Amadeo de Souza Cardoso.
Lastly, we'll finish off the tour by tasting some of the area's typical desserts with a tea or coffee - what a treat!
The guided tour will end back at the starting point.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 12 years old||Children under 5 years old|
Children between 5 and 12 years oldUS$ 8.40
Children under 5 years oldFree
1 hour 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Desserts with tea, coffee or juice.
Bottle of water.
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Praça da República.