This free tour of Arequipa is the best way to explore this beautiful, history-steeped Peruvian city. There's so much to discover, what are you waiting for?
Free Walking Tour of Arequipa
We'll meet at 12:15 pm in calle Jerusalén, in the historic centre of Arequipa. From there, we'll start our free walking tour, taking you to discover the most emblematic places in the 'White City'.
We'll explore the temples and museums close to the square, such as the San Francisco church, the Order of Friars Minor Temple, the Guillermo Zegarra Meneses Municipal History Museum and the Fundo el Fierro Mansion.
On this free tour of Arequipa, you'll also get to wander around the city's oldest neighbourhood: San Lázaro. We'll admire its typical narrow streets full of houses built from volcanic rock and stone and decorated with flowers. You're sure to fall in love with its peculiar charm.
So that you get a deeper understanding of the culture of Arequipa, we'll stop at Mundo Alpaca (Alpaca World), a kind of interactive zoo where you can pet llamas and alpacas; two of the country's most representative animals. Not only will you learn about how to distinguish these two species, but you'll also learn about the wool-making process.
The next stop will be at the famous Plaza de Armas square, where you'll find the cathedral and the Company of Jesus cloisters. Then, to finish this free walking tour of Arequipa with a bang, we'll head into a traditional bar to taste some delicious Peruvian pisco!
With the taste of pisco on our lips, and with our heads filled with new knowledge about the history and culture of Arequipa, we'll finish this free walking tour back at the initial meeting point.
This free tour of Arequipa is not available for groups of over 6 people. If your group is larger than this, we recommend the Arequipa & Santa Catalina Monastery Tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
2 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Tasting of Peruvian pisco.
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Plaza de San Francisco