Discover some of the most mystical places in Portugal and a fairytale medieval castle on this tour of Aljustrel, Valinhos and Ourém from Fátima.
Aljustrel, Valinhos & Ourém Tour
After picking you up from your hotel in Fátima at the scheduled time, we'll set off to the village of Aljustrel, located just five minutes away.
Arriving in the historic town, we'll learn why it's so special: it was here that three shepherd children witnessed apparitions of the Virgin Mary known as Our Lady of Fátima. Our guide will reveal the whole story as we visit the Aljustrel House-Museum and the Arneiro Well.
We'll then continue on our excursion towards Valinhos, a rural area where the children grazed the sheep and an important site for pilgrims. There we'll see the Via Crucis of Fátima and its Angel of Peace, also known as the Guardian Angel of Portugal, and we learn all about its history.
Afterwards, we'll make the bus journey to Ourém, 20 minutes from Fátima. Here we'll visit the Castelo de Ourém, an imposing medieval fortress of Arab origin home to impressive defensive fortifications and a palace.
Finally, we'll explore the historic centre of the village of Ourém and admire its medieval architecture. At the end of the four hour tour, we'll drop you back off at your hotel in Fátima.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 2 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 14 years old||Children under 6 years old|
Children between 6 and 14 years oldUS$ 30.40
Children under 6 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off in Fatima.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.