Discover the secrets of one of the most important pilgrimage sites in the world with this fantastic free tour of the Sanctuary of Fatima. You will learn all about its history and best of all, it is completely FREE!
Sanctuary of Fatima Free Tour
We will meet up at a time of your choosing next to the Sacred Heart of Jesus Monument, in the heart of the Shrine of Fatima. This beautiful place is visited by an average of between 6 and 9 million pilgrims a year.
We will start the free tour admiring the great neo-baroque facade of the Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary and the impressive 1100 st bronze crown that sits atop the building. We will continue to the Basilica of the Holy Trinity, a contemporary work inaugurated in 2007 to accommodate the devotees who come to this mystical place.
Of course, we will also stop in front of the main building of the Shrine of Fatima. There we will tell you about Lucia, Francisco, and Jacinta, the three protagonists of the apparition of the Virgin. You will also hear about something extraordinary that happened in 1917 as we contemplate the Chapel of the Apparitions.
In addition, we will tell you the secret of the crown of Fatima which is related to Pope John Paul II.
We will finish the tour one hour after we first set off.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 2 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 1 hour before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Monument to the Sacred Heart of Jesus