They say that Cadaques is one of the most beautiful towns on the Costa Brava. See for yourself on this guided day trip from Girona, and explore the Monastery of Sant Pere de Rodes and Cap de Creus too!
Cadaques & Cap de Creus Day Trip
After meeting up at 8:30 am in the Plaça de Sant Feliu in Girona, we'll climb aboard a comfortable bus and leave the city behind in the direction of the Monastery of Sant Pere de Rodes, a fascinating Medieval Benedictine monastery complex located in the mountains to the northeast of Catalonia.
We'll explore this historic gem of Catalan Romanesque architecture, discovering its church, bell tower, cloister, sacristies and the Abbot's palace. As we take in the spectacular sights around us, our English-speaking guide will reveal the details of the monastery's history and architecture. You're sure to be enchanted by Sant Pere de Rodes and its unparalleled views over the Gulf of Roses and the Cap de Creus Natural Park.
At around 11 am, we'll then delve into the breathtakingly beautiful wilderness of Cap de Creus, the easternmost point of the Iberian Peninsula. We'll visit the lighthouse, where we'll be able to marvel at the views over the Costa Brava. Cap de Creus is part of an important protected area of natural interest and along its coastlines we'll find the seaside towns of Port de la Selva, Roses and Cadaques.
Enjoy a half hour walk through the park, before returning to the minibus for the drive over to Cadaques. Arriving in the picturesque whitewashed town, you'll have an hour and a half to renew your energy with lunch in a local restaurant (not included). After eating, we'll meet back up and set off on a guided tour of the historic centre of Cadaques, a fishing village of exceptional beauty.
To put the finishing touch on our day trip, we'll visit the Emporda Bodega, a popular winery where we'll get to indulge in a tasting of locally produced olive oil, wine and some of the other products made here, like anchovies from l'Escala, foie gras and cured meats.
At the end of the day, we'll return to Girona, arriving back at around 6 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|Adults||Children between 3 and 12 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 72.90
Children under 3 years oldFree
9 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Return transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Tasting of wines and olive oil.
Entrance to Sant Pere de Rodes Sant Pere de Rodes (4.90 Euros per person).
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Plaça de Sant Feliu.