Step back in time and discover the region of Girona full of beautiful medieval villages with this Garrocha Day Trip. You'll visit locations including Besalú, Castellfollit de la Roca and Lake Bañolas.
Garrocha Day Trip
At 9 am we'll meet at the Plaza Sant Feliu de Gerona and head to Besalú, which is about 35 minutes away.
We'll spend two hours exploring the beautiful medieval village. As we wander past its cobbled streets, accompanied by a guide, we'll discover the history of the old town.
Our next stop will be the Garrocha Natural Park, in the pre-Pyrenees area. Did you know there are more than 40 volcanoes in the area? This is not the only surprising fact, as we'll approach a medieval chapel located in the middle of the crater of one of them.
As we make our way towards the Santa Margarida volcano, we'll stop at Castellfollit de la Roca, a group of houses hanging from a basaltic rock column. We'll also look out over the River Fluvià from the upper part of the town.
After admiring the impressive scenery, we'll go to a local restaurant where you'll have one and a half hours of free time to have lunch on your own.
The tour will continue through the area of La Garrocha visiting the village of Santa Pau, located in the heart of this region. We'll visit the Santa Maria church and the Castle, two symbols of its medieval architecture.
The day will end at Lake Bañolas, where we'll take a short walk along the shore while learning more about the area and admiring the landscape. We'll return to Girona at 5 pm.
This tour will be carried out with a smaller group. The minibus used is for a maximum of 7 passengers.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 12 years old||Children under 3 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 71.90
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Plaza Sant Feliu.