Discover the top sights around the stunning Medieval city of Girona on an exclusive private tour just for you and your companions. An English speaking guide will take you to the Jewish Quarter, the ancient walls, the Cathedral, and much much more.
Advantages of a private tour
By booking this private tour, you will have an English speaking guide exclusively at the service of you and your group. Choose the time and day that's best for you to go on your tour, and what's more, if you're a larger group, you'll also save money.
Girona Private Tour
Meet your guide in Plaça de Sant Feliu square to begin your private tour around the historic city centre of Girona. For approximately three hours you'll explore the streets of what is known as the "City of the Four Rivers" while your guide reveals the fascinating history and secrets of this location.
Walking along the Via Augusta, the old Roman road which connected the historic Mediterranean territory of Hispania (the Iberian Peninsula) with what is now Italy, you'll arrive at the former defensive city walls. These ancient remains are a testimony to the Roman, Visigoth, Carolingian and Medieval eras which have shaped the history of Girona.
Your private guided tour will then continue to the Jewish Quarter, a labyrinth of narrow streets in which this community's heritage has been well preserved. This neighbourhood, commonly known as the 'Call', was home to one of the most important Jewish communities in Spain which at one point constituted a tenth of Girona's total population. As you explore its picturesque streets, which were home to the Medieval Kabbalistic philosopher and Sephardic Rabbi Nachmanides, you will hear all about the Jewish way of life in the Middle Ages.
From the Jewish Quarter, you'll stroll along the delightful Carrer de la Força and the beautiful boulevard known as La Rambla. Wander along the banks of the Onyar River and enjoy the view of the famous colourful houses and iconic bridges of Girona: the Pont de Pedra, Pont de les Peixateries Velles (designed by Gustave Eiffel) and Puente de la Princesa.
Your private tour will come to an end by the Onyar River.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Hasta 5 personas||Hasta 9 personas||Hasta 15 personas|
|Private Tour in English||
Private Tour in English
Hasta 5 personasUS$ 164.20
Hasta 9 personasUS$ 194.60
Hasta 15 personasUS$ 273.70
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide specialized in the history of Girona.
Exclusive private tour just for you and your companions.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Plaça de Sant Feliu.