Delve into the fascinating history of Girona on this complete walking tour of the Catalonian city's most important places of interest.
Girona Walking Tour
After meeting at 10:30 am in Plaça de Sant Feliu, located on the banks of the Onya River, our guided walking tour of Girona will begin.
Firstly, we'll make our way to the ancient city walls where we'll delve into Girona's Roman and Carolingian past. We'll stroll onwards around the historic centre of the city, where our guide will reveal its fascinating medieval history while we admire the façade of the Cathedral, which is located at the highest point of the city.
Our next stop will be to admire the exterior of another of the most important religious buildings in the city: the Church of St Felix. Not far from there, we'll learn all about the history of Girona's Arab baths, before heading to see the nearby Sant Pere de Galligants Abbey. You'll be enchanted by the curious facts and beautiful architecture of this medieval monastery.
We'll then make our way to the Call, as Girona's historic Jewish Quarter was known. Here, we'll stroll down Carrer de la Força, passing by the house where architect Rafael Masó was born and reaching the banks of the Onyar River once again. Spanning the river, we'll see the iconic Pont de les Peixateries Velles, or Bridge of the Old Fishmongers, which was designed by Gustave Eiffel's workshop.
Our tour of Girona will come to an end at 1:30 pm in the Plaça de la Independència.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 12 years old|
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Children under 12 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide with expert knowledge of Girona's history.
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Plaça de Sant Feliu.