Discover the incredible wildlife that lives off the coast of Portugal: enjoy this unforgettable dolphin watching boat trip from Lisbon!
Dolphin Watching Cruise Itinerary
After meeting at 9:30 am at Santo Amaro Docks in Lisbon, you'll climb aboard your boat and set sail on your dolphin-watching adventure.
Begin by cruising down the River Tagus in the direction of the Atlantic Ocean. The boat will sail under the iconic 25 April Bridge and pass by some of Belém's most emblematic monuments, offering you magnificent views of Lisbon's riverside sights. As you sail out to sea, you'll also see the Bugio Lighthouse and enjoy the spectacular rugged coastline of Portugal.
Cruising out to the ocean, you'll begin searching for dolphins. Keep an eye out for them swimming, playing and jumping out of the water. As they usually travel in pods, if you spot one, there will probably be a whole group of them moving together!
If you're lucky, as well as watching these friendly marine mammals approach the boat and play in the waves around it, you'll be able to see other species too. See if you can spot sharks, jellyfish and even sea turtles!
At the end of this incredible experience, you'll return to Santo Amaro Dock at 12:30 pm.
Dolphins are very common around this area of Portugal. However, as the animals live freely and are unpredictable, we cannot guarantee they will be seen on your trip.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 66% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 11 years old||Children under 5|
Children between 5 and 11 years oldUS$ 35.70
Children under 5not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and other language.
Dolphin watching boat trip.
English speaking guide.
Marine biologist on board.
When to book?
You can book up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not advisable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 3 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Santo Amaro Docks.