Embark on a journey to the past sure to leave you gobsmacked, with this light and show sound, projected onto the Karnak temple.
Karnak Temple Light Show
We'll leave from the hotels in the centre of Luxor at 5:30 pm, or 6 pm from the ourskirts or cruise ships, making our way to the famous Karnak temple.
Built more than 2000 years ago, today Karnak is the largest well-conserved Egyptian temple. To explore it by day is an incredible experience, but discovering the history of Egypt as the temple is lit up by night is a treat you'll never forget.
The light and sound show on the Karnak Temple takes two hours, throughout which we'll enjoy a route around the temple to admire its stunning architecture, from a different perspective, until we arrive to the Great Sacred Lake. Here you'll take your seat, and be amazed as the temple lights up in front of your eyes.
Throughout the show, a Pharoah will tell the story of the capital of the New Kingdom, alongside legendary characters from throughout Egypt's history - Tutankhamun, Ramses II, and Queen Hatshepsut.
Then with the show over, we'll head back to the vehicle and your boat or hotel, arriving at around 9 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|Per Person||Children under 6|
|Karnak Light Show||
Karnak Light Show
Per PersonUS$ 46.10
Children under 6not permitted
3 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with recorded commentary in english and other languages.
Pick up and drop off at your hotel or cruise port.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the Karnak Light Show.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not advisable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.