Marvel at the steep rock faces of Aconcagua, the tallest mountain in the Americas, on this high mountain tour. You'll come face to face with incredible views of dramatic Andean scenery.
Andes High Mountain Tour
After being picked up from your hotel first thing in the morning, you'll set off towards the west in search of the majestic peaks of the longest continental mountain range in the world: the Andes. As you travel alongside the Mendoza River, you'll be able to see the spectacular Potrerillos Dam, a complex feat of engineering that provides flood control, hydroelectricity and irrigation water to the surrounding area.
Your first stop will be Uspallata, a small village with an altitude of over 6,500 feet (2000 metres). Learn all about the settlement's pre-Columbian and colonial history, before you head south towards Punta de Vacas, or "Cow's Point". From this tiny Andean hamlet you'll be able to catch a glimpse of the distant Tupungato Volcano. Just ten minutes from Punta de Vacas, you'll reach Los Penitentes ski station. The tour will make another stop here for around an hour to allow you to admire the excellent views over the high mountain scenery.
Continue to Puente del Inca, a natural bridge formed from rock that crosses over the Las Cuevas river. Nearby, you'll come across a view point offering you stunning vistas of the iconic Aconcagua.
The final stop on this high mountain tour will be in the village of Las Cuevas, where you'll head up to the Christ the Redeemer of the Andes monument, located on the border between Chile and Argentina. The statue is a symbol of eternal peace between the two countries from the beginning of the 20th century.
From this point, you'll head back to Mendoza, where you'll arrive between 7 pm and 8 pm.
- This itinerary varies depending on the day of the tour. On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, instead of visiting Potrerillos first, you'll cross over the famous Villavicencio highway. From its viewpoint at over 9,800 feet (3000 metres) in altitude, you'll have unparalleled views over its more than 300 curves. The tour will then continue to Uspallata, the Puente del Inca and the statue of Christ the Redeemer of the Andes like on the rest of the days, and you'll finish by visiting the Potrerillos Dam.
- This tour includes a pick up service from hotels in central Mendoza. If your accommodation is located more than 1.2 miles (2 km) from the centre, an alternative meeting point will be arranged.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 11 years old||Children under 2 years old|
Children between 2 and 11 years oldUS$ 21
Children under 2 years oldFree
12 - 13 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Pick up and drop off at hotel.
English speaking guide.
Transport by bus or minibus.
Food and drink.
When to book?
You can book up until the previous day (5:00 pm) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Is this activity suitable for all ages?
A - Yes.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.