Travel back in time on this walking tour through Medieval Nuremberg. Discover the myths and legends surrounding the city as you explore its historic streets and monuments.
Medieval Nuremberg Walking Tour Itinerary
After meeting in the emblematic Hauptmarkt, or main market square, you'll begin your walking tour around historic Nuremberg. Having admired the centuries-old buildings and the dramatic 14th century Gothic Cathedral around the square, you'll delve into the streets of the old town, heading towards the west of the city to uncover the secrets hiding around each corner.
Between cobbled streets and stone buildings, you'll discover the city's most feared trade: witchcraft. Return to the 17th century to relive the legendary witch trials, the historic solution to protecting the city from the devil! Ever heard of Dorothea Flock?
During your walking tour, your English-speaking guide will reveal the myths and legends of love, death and madness that shroud some of the city's most famous fountains. And you won't leave Nuremberg without hearing the story of the Flying Horseman!
Learn about the different trades of Nuremberg's locals during the Middle Ages, and discover the cruel tasks carried out by the city's executioners and torturers. What's more, you'll hear about Gregor Mendel, a scientist considered to be the founder of modern genetics. Do you know how he's related to Nuremberg?
Finally, continuing to the old city walls, you'll reach Weissgerbergasse, the oldest street in the city, where your guide will tell you about Kaspar Hauser. Nicknamed the "orphan of Europe", no one knows how this dishevelled-looking child arrived in Nuremberg... many believe he was of royal descent!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Students up to 24 years old||Children under 13 years old|
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Students up to 24 years oldUS$ 16.90
Children under 13 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 4 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Frauenkirche, in Hauptmarkt.