Discover the Portuguese city's neighbourhoods including Quintandona, the Castromil gold mines, and the Castro de Monte Mozinho Neolithic enclave with this Porto Buggy Adventure.
Porto Buggy Adventure
When making your reservation you can choose one of the following options:
2 hour tour
We'll pick you up at your hotel in Porto at 8 am and head to where the buggies will be waiting for us, on the outskirts of the city. Once we get into these vehicles... the fun starts!
During the next two hours, we'll cross a green landscape full of vineyards and valleys until we reach the Castromil gold mines. Did you know that mining activity in this area of the Iberian Peninsula began in Roman times?
The tour will continue to Quintandona, a beautiful Portuguese village with houses built in slate. After getting to know some curiosities about this special place, we'll return to Porto. The arrival at your hotel is scheduled for 11 am.
3 hour tour
At 2 pm, we'll leave from your hotel in Porto and head to the buggy parking to start a 3 hour route. To begin this harder tour we'll pass through some sections of the Portugal Rally.
We'll then visit the same location as in the previous option and head to the Castro de Monte Mozinho, a fortified enclave dating back to the Neolithic period, also known as the "City of the Dead".
After learning about the history of the archaeological site we'll return to your hotel in Porto, arriving at 6 pm.
Each vehicle has a maximum capacity of one pilot and three passengers.
Who can participate?
In order to be a driver, you must be over 18 years old and have a valid type B driving licence. All occupants of the buggy may take turns driving the vehicle if they are eligible to drive.
The minimum age for travelling as a passenger in the buggy is 6 years old.
The Porto buggy tour takes place with a minimum of two participants.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|2 hour tour 8 am||
|3 hour tour 2 pm||
2 hour tour 8 am
Per personUS$ 59.90
3 hour tour 2 pm
Per personUS$ 71.90
3 - 4 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and transfer.
English speaking guide.
Tour takes place with a minimum of 2 passengers.
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.