If you want the most exclusive views of Rio de Janeiro, then join us on a brilliant hike up Sugarloaf Mountain Hike.
Sugarloaf Mountain Hike
We will meet up at Praça General Tibúrcio square at 2 pm, just in front of the statue of the angel. We then set off on our hike along the one hour and a half Costão route to the summit of Sugarloaf Mountain. The first part of this brilliant takes us along the idyllic Claudio Coutinho trail for around thirty minutes. Along the way, we will see plant species native to the region, and, if we are lucky, maybe even a friendly monkey.
Then, the first part of the ascent will involve a scramble through rocky terrain. After that, we will have to climb 50 feet with a rope up a steep cliff face. Expert instructors will be by your side to help with every step of the climb.
As we ascend, you will enjoy brilliant views across Guanabara Bay and the region of Niterói.
Before reaching the summit, we will make a stop at the Philosopher's Stone, a magnificent viewpoint from where you can observe the beautiful landscapes of the southern part of Rio. Then we continue on foot to the summit of Sugarloaf mountain.
The descent is a lot easier, as we will take the cable car to the neighboring foothill of Morro da Urca. From there, we follow a gentle path back to the original starting point. if you want you can stay on the cable car all the way back to the bottom.
Pregnant women, people with back, neck, or heart problems, serious illnesses, or fear of heights are prohibited from taking part.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Per personUS$ 39.80
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Necessary equipment for the activity.
Sugarloaf cable car (Adults: 116 Brazilian Real, €25 approx. Children from 10 to 12 years old: 58 Brazilian Real, €12.50 approx.).
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Praça General Tibúrcio square, 75 - Urca, Río de Janeiro - RJ, 22290-270, Brazil