Explore San Juan and get to know the history of the San Cristóbal Fort, the Las Palmas Bastion, the Totem or El Morro. Enjoy the charm of this island, filled with Spanish, American and indigenous influences. And it's FREE!
The tour meet at the agreed time in Plaza Colón in San Juan, where we'll go over the history of Puerto Rico beneath the mandate of the Spanish crown. As we follow the traces of the old wall which protected the capital, we'll pass alongside the San Cristóbal Fort and the facades of the Alejandro Theatre and the old casino.
We'll cross Calle Fortaleza to take a look at the characteristic coloured buildings of Puerto Rico, eventually arriving at the old bastion which protected the south of San Juan. Then we'll continue our tour, along the remains of the wall until we reach the Las Palmas Bastion, from where the view is truly spectacular!
Our next stop will be the famous bar where, according to the owners, the piña colada was invented! And afterwards we'll take a look at the narrowest house in America. Do you know the width of its door? You'll find this out and more!
Passing along Calle del Cristo we'll speak of the importance of horse races years ago for this Caribbean island, and we'll discover the legend which surrounds the construction of the Chapel of Cristo de San Juan…
Finally, we'll make our way to the Totem, a magnificent obelisk constructed in memory of the indigenous peoples of the island. Our last stop will be the Morro, a fort constructed to protect the island from maritime attacks, and one which has become the symbol of San Juan itself.
You cannot take this free tour if you are a group of more than 6 people. In this case we recommend you reserve a private tour of San Juan.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking expert guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.