Let yourself be enchanted by the beautiful Rías Baixas on this excursion from Santiago de Compostela. You'll enjoy a boat trip on the Pontevedra Estuary and a tasting of local wine and mussels.
Rías Baixas Day Trip
After meeting up at 9 am at the Capela do Pilar Church in the centre of Santiago, we'll set off on our route towards Pontevedra, capital of the province of the same name.
We'll embark on a guided tour of the historic centre of Pontevedra, whose old town is one of the best preserved in Galicia. Exploring its Medieval monumental complex, you'll be captivated by the Gothic ruins of the San Domingos Convent. We'll also get to admire the Renaissance influence on the city as we admire the magnificent Praza da Ferraría and the Basílica de Santa María a Maior.
Leaving Pontevedra behind, we'll next make our way to the port of the nearby town of Combarro, where a boat will be waiting for us. From here, we'll set sail across the Ría de Pontevedra. Our boat trip will take us past lush green coastal landscapes and the Tambo Island, whose eucalyptus plantations stand out in the estuary. During our boat cruise, we'll also enjoy a wine tasting with mussels, one of the most characteristic delicacies of the area.
After docking back in Combarro, you'll have free time to eat lunch in this picturesque town (not included). Then, in the afternoon, we'll head to O Grove to catch a glimpse of the Praia da Lanzada, considered one of the most beautiful beaches in Galicia.
For the finishing touch on your day trip, we'll do a walking tour of Cambados, a coastal town on the Arousa Estuary. Here, we'll get to appreciate the architectural details of the Igrexa de San Bieito church and the Pazo de Fefiñáns, a 16th century palace home to countless incredible stories.
At the end of our full day of sightseeing, we'll make to return journey from Cambados to Santiago, where we'll arrive back at around 7:30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 12 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 27
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Transport by bus.
Official English speaking guide.
Boat trip in Pontevedra.
Tasting of wines and mussels on board the boat.
Entry to all monuments visited.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Capela do Pilar Church.