Come with us to discover Sintra, a city hidden amongst the hills. You'll explore its streets, get to know its history, and admire its palaces and villas: all for free!
Free Tour of Sintra
The tour meets at the Sintra town hall found in the foothills of the mountains which give its name.
Then we'll set off, exploring the town declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site - and while we explore the streets we'll learn about its history, from its birth as a hamlet in the forest to the modern-day.
We'll visit the National Palace, built in the 16th Century, and considered an example of 'organic architecture'. And we'll continue our route to the Palácio de Seteais from the 18th century - where you'll learn about its conversion into the luxurious hotel of today.
As we explore Sintra we'll learn of the long history of this pastel coloured wonder - and you'll get to try its most famous products: the Sintra queijadas (a delicious cake made of cheese, eggs, milk and sugar) and the local Colares wine.
- This free tour does not permit bookings of more than 6 people.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. The maximum is three children per adult.
- This tour does not take in the inside of any of the monuments, rather it visits the outside
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
2 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 6 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not advisable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Sintra Town Hall.