Travel to the north of Chile with this Arica Day Trip. Discover the city's history, climb up to Morro de Arica and relax on its superb beaches.
Arica Day Trip
At 8 am we'll pick you up from your hotel in Tacna and make our way to Arica by bus. After a two hour journey, we'll take a guided walking tour of the Chilean port city, famous for having some of the best beaches for surfing.
Our first stop will be the San Marcos Cathedral, designed in metal and wood in 1876 by the French architect Gustave Eiffel, who built the famous Eiffel Tower. The expert guide will reveal the place of worship's secrets, including the curious fact that it was prefabricated in Paris and shipped to Chile.
Next, we'll visit the House of Culture and the Casa Bolognesi, two buildings that are full of history and both connected to the Pacific War.
We'll continue past more important landmarks including the Tacna-Arica train station and the 21st May promenade. You'll have half an hour of free time to wander along the symbolic street.
Then, we'll meet back up and head to see some of Arica's beaches, such as the Alacran Peninsula, El Gringo and Las Liseras where you'll have an hour to sunbathe or take a dip in the sea.
Afterwards, the bus will take us to the heights of Morro de Arica, the city's greatest attraction. From here we'll see impressive views of Arica and its coastline, as well as learning more about the history of the Christ of Peace.
We'll go back to the city centre and have an hour of free time to have lunch at a local restaurant, before arriving back at our hotels in Tacna at 6 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 14 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 75% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Per personUS$ 95.10
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in car with air conditioning.
Bilingual driver (English and Spanish).
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.