Enjoy the best views of the Peruvian city with this Tacna Bus Tour. Discover its varied history and culture, while making stops at symbolic landmarks.
Tacna Bus Tour
On this Tacna Bus Tour, you'll discover all that the 'Heroic City' has to offer. We'll meet in front of one of the city's most important monuments, the Parabolic Arch.
To start the tour we'll learn about the landmark located around Tacna's main square, Paseo Cívico, which commemorates the bravery of the men that fought during the Pacific War. We'll board a double-decker bus that will take us around Tacna's most important spots, and learn about these locations with a bilingual guide.
The bus will continue on to the Neo-Renaissance Tacna Cathedral, designed by the famous Alexandre Gustave Eiffel. The next stop will be the Bab ul Islam mosque. The place of worship is the main representation of Islamic religion in Tacna in fact, it is the only Islamic building in the country!
When we go back to the bus we'll head to the Tacna Plant Zoo, located in the Municipal Forest. From here we'll leave the city to visit the Borgoñal bodega, one of the most important wine bodegas, and learn about how the wine is produced.
Following on, the bus will take us to the Miculla Old Valley, where we'll visit the suspension bridge and the archaeological site (entry not included). You'll have free time to admire the famous petroglyphs, one of the most important cave legacies of the South American Andes.
Finally, the tour end returning to the starting point.
The will be several stops during the Tacna bus tour, such as the Bab ul Islam mosque and the Miculla archaeological site, where you can take photos and wander around the vicinity accompanied by a guide.
On some occasions, due to unforeseen circumstances, we may not be able to carry out these stops.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 14 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 75% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Per personUS$ 19.30
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in english and spanish.
Bus tour with air conditioning.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the Miculla archaeological site (€ 0.20 (US$ 0.20) per person)
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Tacna Parabolic Arch