Travel to the province of Castellón and explore the beautiful medieval town of Morella and the town of Peñíscola, where you'll learn about the interesting history of Pope Luna. There's so much to be discovered!
Day Trip to Morella & Peñíscola
At around 7 am we will pick you up from your chosen meeting point in the centre of Valencia and we'll head north towards Morella. We'll travel almost parallel to the beautiful coastline for just over two hours, and we'll then reach the walled, hill-top town. This is a true medieval treasure!
We'll wander along the steep, characteristic cobblestone streets, and we'll stop at the different local craft stalls. We'll end at the historic castle, which stands tall at the top of the town. Did you know that El Cid Campeador once stayed here?
We'll enter this Islamic fortress built in the 13th century, and you'll discover how it gained importance for the Crown of Aragon. After the tour of the castle, you'll have some free time to keep exploring Morella and even try some of the delicious local cuisine.
After lunch, we'll head east to Peñíscola. On the journey, we'll reveal the origins of this historical city, famed for a very controversial historical figure, Pope Luna.
Once we reach our destination, we'll first visit the castle, located on a hilltop at the shore. Pope Luna, also known as Antipope Benedict XIII, is one of the most polemic religious figures in the history of Spain, and he used this fortress as his palace and personal library. We'll tell you more on the day of the tour!
We'll then continue our tour, visiting the old town of Peñíscola, which is home to Islamic, Roman and Templar architecture. Not only that, but we'll follow the outline of the old wall that protected the city. You'll feel like you've travelled back in time.
After a complete day exploring, we'll return to Valencia and drop you back at your selected meeting point.
Pick Up Points
When making your reservation, you'll be asked to select your preferred pick up point in Valencia:
- Serrans Gate
- Ciutat de la Justícia (at the bus stop next to the El Saler Shopping Centre)
- Torres de Quart
- Hotel NH Valencia Center
- Sercotel Sorolla Palace Hotel (Avinguda de les Corts Valencianes)
- Hotel SH Hotel Inglés (Carrer Marqués de dos Aigües, 6)
- Hotel Las Arenas
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 7 and 10 years old||Children under 7|
|Day trip in English||
Day trip in English
Children between 7 and 10 years oldUS$ 83.80
Children under 7not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Pick up and drop off at meeting point.
English speaking guide.
Transport in an air conditioned vehicle.
Tickets in Morella.
Ticket to the Castillo de Peñíscola: € 5 (US$ 6) per person.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Do you have any questions?
Find answers to our most If you have any other questions please contact us.