Put on your snowshoes and explore the peaks of the Sierra Nevada. Discover the snowy landscapes of Granada on this guided hike!
Snowshoe Hike in Sierra Nevada
At 9:30 am on the day of your excursion, we'll meet up in Calle Profesor Sainz Cantero in Granada and climb aboard a minibus for the journey to Hoya de la Mora, located in the Sierra Nevada, the Andalusian mountain range whose name conveniently means "covered in snow"!
Having reached over 8,200 feet (2,500 metres) above sea level, we'll get kitted out with all the equipment we need to embark on our unforgettable snowshoeing adventure! Did you know that this ingenious method of winter travel was first practiced in the Arctic in order to move around without sinking into the snow?
We'll begin our two hour snowshoe hike through the Sierra Nevada, a spectacular natural landscape that will leave you speechless. As you admire your surroundings, you're sure to be enchanted by the feel of the snow under your feet.
At the end of our trek, we'll return to the original meeting point where our adventure will end at 1:30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 70% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Per person (over 12 years old)||Children under 12|
Per person (over 12 years old)US$ 46.60
Children under 12not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Transport by minibus.
Snowshoe and pole rental.
When to book?
You can book up until the previous day (9:30 am) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Calle Profesor Sainz Cantero, 13.