Explore the incredible rock formations of Meteora and its monasteries, with a hiking route which dives into the secrets and hidden gems whilst keeping you fit!
Meteora Hiking Trip
We'll pick you up from your hotel first thing in the morning, heading for Meteora, where art and nature mix to form one of the most stunning landscapes in all Greece.
After a 20-minute minibus journey, we'll begin four hours immersed in the mountains; in the very same spot that a group of monks long ago chose to build their stunning monasteries. Accompanied by an English speaking guide, we'll follow in the footsteps of these pioneers, following the very same trails they took to get to the heart of Meteora.
We'll also discover the ruins of those monasteries which have succumbed to the years, and visit the inside of one of those still-active: the Grand Meteora Monastery, or the Varlaam Monastery (entry not included), depending on the day the tour takes place. We'll give you all the relevant information about the monastery, but the tour itself is unguided.
This is a day in touch with nature, getting some exercise and discovering one of Greece's greatest treasures, a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1988.
With the route around Meteora complete, we'll head back to the minibus, which will take you back to your hotel.
- If you would prefer, you can choose the option of reserving the route from Kastraki.
- The distance covered during the route is approximately 5 miles (8 km).
- Tickets to the monastery cost € 3 (US$ 3.60) per person (not included).
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 65% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 3 to 15||Children under 3|
|English Language Tour||
English Language Tour
Children from 3 to 15US$ 17.80
Children under 3Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Visit to one of the main monasteries (Grand Meteora or Varlaam).
English speaking guide.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Free WiFi in the minibus.
Free Meteora map.
Entry to the monastery (€ 3 (US$ 3.60))
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, most areas are accessible.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.