Be enchanted by sunset over Meteora, where nature and architecture meet, each more spectacular than the last. Imposing rock formations topped by monasteries over 500 years old.
Meteora Sunset Trip
The monasteries of Meteora are, for many, enough motivation alone to visit Greece. On this day trip from Kalambaka, you can admire the sunset in this magic spot, as well as visiting one or two of the UNESCO protected monasteries.
We'll pick you up from your hotel first thing in the morning and make our way to Meteora. An English speaking guide will explain the history of these rocky formations, more than 600 metres high and the monasteries among the clouds that top them.
Of the 24 original monasteries, there are currently 13 standing, and six of those can be visited: The Grand Meteora Monastery, the St. Nicholas Monastery, the Monastery of the Holy Trinity, St. Stephen's Monastery, Roussanou, and Varlaam Monasteries. And on this trip, you can visit one or two of them, lit up by the light of the setting sun.
We'll also visit the Bizantine church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, an 11th-century temple found beneath the imposing Meteora rocks.
To put an end to a magical day, you'll enjoy the unforgettable sight of the sun disappearing behind the monasteries. You'll have free time to admire and photograph the sunset, sure to transport you back to the Eagle's Nest from Game of Thrones!
Then, under cover of night, we'll take you back to your hotel in Kalambaka.
During winter, (1st of November to the 28th of February) you can also choose to be picked up by the minibus at the Kalambaka train station.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 65% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 4 to 15||Children under 4|
|English Language Tour||
English Language Tour
Children from 4 to 15US$ 17.90
Children under 4Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Visit to the Bizantine church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary.
Map of Meteora.
Entry to the monasteries (€ 3 (US$ 3.60) each).
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, most areas are accessible.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.