Discover the Meteora Monasteries, where the architecture melts into the rocks at over 600 metres high. One of the most mystical and beautiful sights in Greece.
Meteora Monasteries Day Trip
A minibus will pick you up at your hotel in Kalambaka, to begin the journey to Meteora, where you can find one of the most iconic and famous sights in Greece: the hanging monasteries of Meteora.
Following a brief journey of approximately 20 minutes, you'll understand its nickname: these monasteries can be found atop rocky formations 600 metres up.
Over the four hour tour, and English speaking guide will explain the stories and interesting facts about Meteora and its monasteries. The area is one of the most beautiful and impressive in all of Greece, so much so that the producers of Game of Thrones even chose Meteora as one of the places to shoot the series: it was the famous Eagle's Nest Prison, where Tyrion Lannister was kept.
At its peak, 24 monasteries co-existed in Meteora, but with the passage of time and various wars (much was destroyed during the Second World War), today only six can be visited: Great Meteoron, Varlaam, Rousanou, St. Nicholas Anapausas, St. Stephen and Holy Trinity.
We'll visit three of these monasteries (entry not included), with the selection depending on the day you decide to take the tour. The visit of these monasteries is not guided, but we will give you all the information you need before entering.
The tour finishes at around 1 pm, at which point we'll accompany you back to your hotel in Kalambaka.
- If you would prefer to leave from Kastraki, you can book this tour from Kastraki.
- A single ticket to each monastery costs 3 euros per person, and is not included in the price of the excursion.
- Depending on the day, some of the monasteries may be closed to the public, apart from on Saturdays and Sundays when they are all open. For example, the Great Meteoron monastery is closed on Tuesdays. If your reservation is for this day, we will simply admire the monastery from outside.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 65% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 4 to 15||Children under 4|
|English Language Tour||
US$ 78.90 US$ 54.60
US$ 66.70 US$ 54.60
English Language Tour
AdultsUS$ 78.90 US$ 54.60
Children from 4 to 15US$ 66.70 US$ 54.60
Children under 4Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Free WiFi in the minibus.
Free map of Meteora.
31% discount on the official ticket price.
Entry to the monasteries (€3 each).
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, most areas are accessible.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.