On this excursion we'll leave Luxor behind, making our way to Abydos and Dendera, two cities on the banks of the Nile where fascinating temples can be found.
Having picked you up at your hotel or boat, we'll leave Luxor behind, making our way to Abydos, a city found 260 km northeast of the city.
In Abydos we'll see its famous temple, constructed by Set I in honour of Osiris. In this temple, you can't only find important scenes from the life of Set I and Ramses II, but also the famous Royal Lists, with the names of the 77 kings of Egypt from Menes to Set I himself.
Abydos was the most important religious centre and site of pilgrimage in Egypt. Here can be found representations of the "Mysteries of Osiris" a ceremony which reproduced the death and resurrection of the God Osiris.
We'll then have a picnic lunch, after which we'll make our way to Dendera.
The Dendera Temple is dedicated to the goddess Hathor and its construction, beginning in the reign of Nectanebo I, continued into the Roman period. The temple has two decorated crypts, two halls with ceilings supported by columns and two funeral chapels, from where the famous "zodiac" from the Louvre comes.
Having made one last stop at the Temple of Isis, we'll leave Dendera behind to bead back to Luxor, leaving you back at your lodgings between 5 and 6 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|Adults||Children between 6 and 12||Children under 6|
|English Language Tour||
US$ 96.20 US$ 90.20
US$ 48.10 US$ 42.10
English Language Tour
AdultsUS$ 96.20 US$ 90.20
Children between 6 and 12US$ 48.10 US$ 42.10
Children under 6Free
* The price increases on the 30 September
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in air conditioned vehicle.
Expert egyptologist guide.
Tickets to all temples visited.
6% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.