Explore Malaga's picturesque historic centre on this guided walking tour through its pretty streets and fascinating history including a guided visit of its elaborate - albeit unfinished - Cathedral.
Cathedral Visit and Guided Walking Tour
Your walking tour of Malaga's historic centre will start in the heart of the old town, in Calle Alcazabilla, next to the Glass Pyramid.
After learning some anecdotes and curiosities about the life of the artist, continue your walk through the city of his birth. You'll see the Iglesia de Santiago Apóstol: a church whose history dates back to medieval times, and where Picasso was baptised in 1881.
Next you'll wander down Pasaje de Chinitas, a narrow cross-shaped alleyway leading to Plaza de la Constitución and Calle Larios, the city's main shopping street. This pedestrianised street, with its stunning architecture, is so famous that it plays host to many events throughout the year, including the debuts of new Malaga CF football players.
You'll finish your tour with a guided visit of Malaga Cathedral. The first thing that will stand out to you is its lopsided façade: the two bell towers are not the same height. Fondly nicknamed 'La Manquita', or 'One-Armed Lady' because of this. The reason the second tower was never finished can be found on the other side of the Atlantic, in the United States...
Inside the basilica, you can admire artistic masterpieces in various styles: from Gothic to Renaissance to Baroque. The cathedral's magnificent high altar and intricate choir stalls stand out amongst the artwork. They're not alone - find out the origins of one particular piece that is said to have been painted on elephant skin!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 13 years old|
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Children under 13 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide with expert knowledge of Malaga history.
Entrance to Malaga Cathedral.
When to book?
Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
7 Calle Alcazabilla