Witness the other face of Rio de Janeiro with this guided walking tour of the Rocinha favela in which you will discover the least known and most surprising corners of the Brazilian favelas.
Rio de Janeiro Favela Tour Itinerary
At the scheduled time, we will collect you from your hotel before heading to the Rocinha favela, one of the largest in Brazil.
On this walking tour, we will leave behind the prejudices associated with the favelas and discover what life is really like for its inhabitants. We will see up close how the educational projects of social rehabilitation have a powerful impact on the community. Thanks to these programs, the population of the favelas can move forward without needing to resort to violence.
Contrary to what some may believe, these areas of Rio also flourish with artistic and creative expression. Our route takes us past the famous graffiti of Rocinha. Some of the murals are genuine works of art through the feelings of the humblest Brazilians can be articulated. The colorful buildings of Rocinha are another artistic statement from its inhabitants.
Our tour also includes a stop on the spectacular winding hillside road known as the ‘Devil’s Trampoline’. This was used as a particularly challenging part of a famous car race circuit around Rio which took place between 1933 and 1954. During that period this single-seater competition grew to be one of the most important in the entire country.
Following the favela visit, we will return to the original departure point in Rocinha before taking you back to your hotel in Rio de Janeiro.
Timetable and collection points
The tour includes pick up at the following point:
- 1:30 pm: Hotel Belmond Copacabana Palace - Av. Atlântica, 1702.
One child goes free with every paid adult reservation.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 8 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children between 3 and 8 years oldUS$ 10.50
Children under 3 years oldFree
2 hours - 2 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 4 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.