Find out just why Niteroi is called Smile City when you take this tour in which you will discover the most famous buildings of the avant-garde architect Oscar Niemeyer.
Niterói Tour and Niemeyer Route
We will collect you from your hotel or meeting point in Rio de Janeiro at the scheduled time. From there, we will head to the other side of the bay of Guanabara, in the direction of the Smile City – Niteroi.
We will then cross the longest bridge in Brazil to get to the ancient capital of the state of Rio de Janeiro. Once there, we will start the tour that will take us to the most iconic places in Niteroi. We will also stroll along the Niemeyer route, which will take us to some of the most famous buildings designed by the Brazilian architect Oscar Niemeyer, such as the avant-guard Teatro Popular, the Roberto Silveira Memorial, the Oscar Niemeyer International Cultural Centre, and the impressive Museum of Contemporary Art, one of the famous landmarks in the city on the shore Atlantic Ocean.
Leaving the avant guard architecture behind, we move on to the City Park, in the Charitas neighborhood. Here, you will enjoy a spectacular panoramic view of Niteroi and Rio de Janeiro form the top of the mountain.
Before returning to Rio, we will head to the ancient fort of Santa Cruz, constructed in 1555. Besides admiring its architecture and exploring its history, we will also have time to revel in the magnificent views of Sugarloaf mountain.
We finish our tour to Niteroi back in Rio de Janeiro.
This tour includes pick up and drop off at selected hotels in the Copacabana, Ipanema and Leblon areas. If your hotel is not located within these districts, please indicate this when booking so that a different meeting point can be arranged.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|General||Children under 5 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children under 5 years oldFree
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
4 - 5 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Pick up and drop off from hotel or meeting point.
Audio guide in English.
Transport in airconditioned minibus.
Entry to the visited monuments on the tour ($4.5 USD / €4 approx).
When to book?
You can book up until the previous day (9:00 am) if there are still places available. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, imperative to point out when the booking is made.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.