Discover the legacy of the Olympic Games and enjoy one of the most modern and animated areas of Rio de Janeiro with this tour of Olympic Boulevard and AquaRio.
In the morning, you'll be picked up from your hotel or meeting point before walking to the port area of Rio, which was completely restored for the Olympic Games which was celebrated in the city in 2016. Totally revitalized, it has transformed into one of the most modern and lively districts of what is known as the ‘carioca’ city.
After a brief journey, we will arrive in Praça Pio X square, which is home to the monumental Candelaria Church. We then stroll along the length of the Olympic Boulevard enjoying the spectacular views of Guanabara, while our English-speaking guide tells you all about the history of this beautiful avenue.
We arrive at the Museum of Tomorrow, which has a fascinating exhibition about the science of the future and the building itself is the modern symbol of Rio of Janeiro due to its state-of-the-art design and architecture.
Later, we will catch the tram which will take us into the port and to the Kobra Mural, a giant graffiti artwork designed by the Brazilian street artist Eduardo Kobra. With more than 30000 square feet of colour, it has become one of the main attractions of the city.
Finally, we will attend the largest aquarium in South Amerca: AquaRio. You can visit it and you will discover more than 8000 marine animals of up to 350 different species, from every corner of the globe.
At the end of the tour, we will take you back to your original pick up point in Rio.
This tour includes pick up from all hotels in the south and East of Rio de Janeiro which covers the districts of Leme, Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon, and Barra da Tijuca.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 4 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 2 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children under 2 years oldFree
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Pick up and drop off service.
English speaking guide.
Entry to AquaRio.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 3 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.