On this tour, you'll discover the legacy of Rio 2016 in the Olympic Boulevard and the famous scientific exhibition of the Museum of Tomorrow, the most visited in Brazil.
Olympic Boulevard + Museum of Tomorrow Tour
After picking you up at your hotel in Rio de Janeiro we'll go to the Valongo Wharf area on a minibus. Did you know that between 1850 and 1920, the area became known as 'Little Africa' because it was occupied by emancipated slaves from many different nations? This cultural melting pot is expressed on the nearby Etnias Mural, created by the artist Eduardo Kobra to reflect the multiculturalism in the country. It is the largest graffiti mural in the world measuring 560 feet and even holds a Guinness World Record.
We'll continue with the tour towards Mauá Square and the Olympic Boulevard, where we'll discover intriguing facts about the legacy of the 2016 Rio Olympic Games. On the same boulevard, there is a modern building designed by the Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava: the Museum of Tomorrow. To learn all about some of the surprising theories about our planet and solar system we'll visit the permanent exhibition.
Close to the Museum of Tomorrow is the San Benito Monastery. Inside we'll admire the different Mannerist style works of art, which will allow us to understand Rio's colonial heritage. The history is further reflected at the next stop: 15th November Square. Did you know that this day is special for Brasilians as it was the day the Republic was declared?
Finally, we'll go to one of the most renowned coffee shops in Rio, the legendary Confeitaria Colombo. This establishment (closed on Sundays) stands out for its Art Nouveau decoration. After admiring the interior design of the premises, we'll head back to your hotel in Rio de Janeiro.
The tour includes pick up, at the times indicated, in the following tourist areas of Rio de Janeiro:
- Between 7 and 8 am: west Rio (Barra da Tijuca). Drop off will be at 2 pm.
- Between 8:10 and 8:55 am: south Rio (Copacabana, Leme, Ipanema and Leblon). For these areas, drop off will be at 1 pm.
When you book you must indicate which of the two areas mentioned you would like to be picked up from. Independent from the option chosen, after the pick ups at the different hotels the tour will start at 9 am.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 16 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 70% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 10 years old||Children under 5 years old|
|Tour with pick up in southern area||
|Tour with pick up in western area||
Tour with pick up in southern area
Children between 5 and 10 years oldUS$ 26.50
Children under 5 years oldFree
Tour with pick up in western area
Children between 5 and 10 years oldUS$ 42.50
Children under 5 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Pick up and drop off at hotel in selected area.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Museum of Tomorrow Ticket.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.