Join us on a brilliant adventure as we hike up to the summit of the majestic Pedra da Gávea mountain. At almost 3000 feet high above Rio, you will feel like you on top of the world!
Pedra da Gavea Hike
We'll pick you up from your hotel in Rio de Janeiro at 7:30 am, before taking a 30-minute ride to Tijuca National Park.
Once there, we will begin a brilliant two-and-a-half-hour trek to the top of Pedra da Gávea. Along the way, we will encounter Brazil's most representative fauna and vegetation.
As the last stage of the hike involves a rock climbing ascent of an 80-foot cliff face. It is not necessary to have previous climbing experience, as an instructor will help you through every step. Once at the top, you will be rewarded with wonderful picture-postcard views.
After we will abseil back down the summit of Pedra da Gávea before starting the trek back to the original starting point. Along the way, we will pass a beautiful waterfall, the ideal place to rest and have something to eat (not included).
When we finish the tour, we will return to the starting point of Rio at 4 pm.
When making the booking, you can choose to be picked up from your hotel in Rio de Janeiro, or make your own way to the meeting point in Estrada do Joá.
If you choose hotel collection, please note that it is only from accommodation located in the following areas: Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon, São Conrado, Barra da Tijuca (Oceanic Garden), Gávea, Botanical Garden, Lagoa, Botafogo, Flamengo, Laranjeiras, Cosme Velho, Catete, Glória, Santa Teresa, Lapa and Centro.
This activity is not open to pregnant women, and people with back, neck, or heart problems, serious illnesses, or fear of heights.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Tour without transfers||
|Tour with transfers||
Tour without transfers
Per personUS$ 42.90
Tour with transfers
Per personUS$ 57.80
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off (optional).
Transport by car or van (optional).
English speaking guide.
Necessary equipment for the hike and climb.
Food and drink.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.