Trek your way up to 1022 metres above sea level along a remarkable walking trail with this Pico da Tijuca Hike. Discover the wild side of Rio de Janeiro.
Pico da Tijuca Hike
Between 7:30 and 8 am we'll pick you up from your hotel in Rio de Janeiro and board a minibus for a 30 minute journey towards the Tijuca National Park. On arrival, we'll start the hiking trail to Pico da Tijuca.
We'll walk a total of 16 km there and back, passing by viewpoints, waterfalls and even historic buildings, seeing the many species that live in the Brazilian jungle including sagui monkeys. During the final part of the tour, we'll climb up a stone staircase with 177 steps. If you manage to push yourself up you'll be rewarded with incredible views!
After resting at the summit and enjoying panoramic views of Rio de Janeiro and its surroundings, we will head back, arriving at the hotels again at around 4 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 10 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children between 3 and 10 years oldUS$ 36.50
Children under 3 years oldFree
7 - 8 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.