The streets of Rio de Janeiro hoard an abundance of art and culture, and you can discover it all with this guided walking tour. You will also see the main monuments around the center of what is also known as Brazil’s Carioca city.
Rio Cultural City Tour
In the morning, we will collect you from your hotel in central Rio. From there, we will head to the historic Maracana stadium, whose name has passed into the annals of Brazil’s footballing history. There, you will encounter the statue which honors the Brazilian defender Hilderaldo Bellini, who was the first captain of the national side - affectionally known as the Little Canary – to lift the World Cup.
Our next stop is the Sambadrome, which is the venue for the famous Rio Carnival Parade. After we will go to the Metropolitan Cathedral, whose unique pyramid shaped design and impressive modern architecture stands out on the city center's skyline. In the surroundings of the temple, we will visit the bohemian district of Lapa and the colorful Selaron Steps, one of the most photographed places in all of Rio de Janeiro.
Then we go to the Monastery of St. Benedict, one of the most architecturally and historically important religious buildings in Brazil. On the return journey to the hotels, we will encounter iconic Rio locations such as Flamengo Park, the Museum of Modern Art, the Monument to the Dead of World War II, and Church of Our Lady of the Glory of Outeiro, besides some celebrated beaches such as Flamengo and Botafogo.
We will finish our tour of the best of the carioca architecture and culture, dropping you off back at your hotel.
Pick up points
The tour includes pick up and drop off at selected hotels located within Copacabana, Ipanema, and Leblon. If your hotel is not in this zone, you should indicate this in your reservation so we can arrange the most convenient meeting point.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|General||Children under 5 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children under 5 years oldFree
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Professional English speaking guide.
Transport on airconditioned minibus.
When to book?
You can book up until the previous day (9:00 am) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, imperative to point out when the booking is made.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.