Discover the most authentic side of Rio de Janeiro with this tour of the markets, where we will visit the São Cristóvão Fair, a bohemian market with traditional food and handicrafts.
São Cristóvão Fair and the Markets of Rio Tour
At the scheduled time, we will collect you from your city hotel in the south of Rio and then begin our tour.
Our first stop will be in Copacabana which you will see Brazilian farmer’s selling their own fresh produce. The colours and smells of the tropical Brazilian fruits and the bustling ambience is an exhilarating experience for the senses.
From there, we then head to one of the biggest artisan fairs in Rio - the hippy market of Ipanema. Here you will have your own free time to explore all the hidden corners, shop at some the different stalls, and enjoy the wonderful atmosphere.
Later, we will walk to the São Cristóvão fair, a market of traditional north-eastern foods and handicrafts. Browsing through the more than 700 stalls, you will learn all about the culture and customs of that part of Brazil. We will also dance to the Forró, a traditional dance, and music from north-eastern Brazil. This tour also gives you the opportunity to try delicious north-eastern gastronomy admire the craftworks.
We will end our tour of the markets of Ipanema back at your hotel.
Hotel Pick Up
This tour includes pick up and drop off at selected hotels in Copacabana, Ipanema and Leblon. If your hotel is not in this area, please let us know to organise another meeting point.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|General||Children under 5 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children under 5 years oldFree
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
4 - 5 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pickup and drop off.
Professional English speaking guide.
Transport in airconditioned minibus.
Tickets ($7 USD / €6 Euros approx.).
Food and drink.
When to book?
You can book up until the previous day (9:00 am) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, imperative to point out when the booking is made.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.